Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Soy-Free
3/4 c brown rice flour
1/2 c millet flour
1/2 c tapioca starch
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 c unsweetened almond or coconut milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Coconut oil, for cooking
- In medium mixing bowl, stir together the flours, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Warm milk slightly (about 30 seconds in a standard microwave), and add to flour mixture.
- Stir til combined, add apple cider vinegar and essential oils, and mix til light and fluffy.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 c batter into hot, lightly greased skillet, spreading batter as needed. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until pancakes are golden brown.
- Serve warm (Cute Anna & Elsa plate a bonus!), and with maple syrup, honey, fresh fruit, or coconut whipped cream.
Yield 8 standard pancakes
*Substitutions — You can replace the brown rice and millet flour with buckwheat for a heartier pancake.
*Optional add ins — 1/2 cup chopped apple, peach, or pears; blueberries, strawberries, or marionberries.
Copyright 2017 © Sabrina Kate, All rights reserved
*Recipe for personal use only